Parkash memorial Deaf & dumbHandicapped Welfare Society (Regd.2007) is a non-political, non- profit secular NGO. Our foundation is devoted to the noble cause of welfare of deaf persons by providing them technical training to enable them to become self-reliant. Our aim is to develop their potential to the fullest and integrate them in mainstream society.
School For The Deaf Children was Established By Parkash memorial Deaf & dumb Handicapped Welfare Society (Regd.) In The Year 2007. Currently this School is being successfully managed by energetic CHAIRPERSON, Mrs ADARSH SHARMA.
The School Is Housed In A specious Building with Sufficient Open Space For The Children to Play.
The School Has A Seprate Building Which Is Used As a Hostel.The Hostel is Located in Ropar(village Shampura) , 25 student are studying in the hostel.
As on date there are approx. 150 students in the School. The school has qualified staff, The school has 1 bus to transport to student from their place of residence to the school and back.
The school imparts education from Nursery to 12th. There is a provision for hobby class such as Home Science and Art & Craft Computer. After 12th,there is option for students to do BA, BCA , DCA in same school.
- To facilitate holistic development of deaf children and youth
- To expand career options for deaf youth
- To build their confidence and self-esteem in order to make them effective team members at the work place
- To help them get their desired job by preparing them for job interviews and developing effective CVs
- To provide skills, knowledge and experience required to ensure success in their chosen career path